12.20.2006

TRIPLE, TRIPLE TOIL AND TROUBLE …


Psychic Witches with Attitude … SPELL Identical-triplet trouble in spikes …

The first book in my upcoming Triplet Witch Trilogy, SEX AND THE PSYCHIC WITCH, will be released in August of 2007. Where did I get the idea for triplet witches? I didn’t have to go far. The three figments of my inspiration live next door. They were about ten when we moved here, and they’re about twenty-three now. Identical. The first time they came to sell me Girl Scout Cookies, I thought I was hallucinating.

Story ideas are everywhere. My witches are psychic because my muses, Kate, Sarah, and Meghan—not to be confused with my psychic witches, Harmony, Destiny, and Storm—have a personal telepathic communication system upon which I elaborated. Let me be clear, however: I’m not writing about Kate, Sarah and Meghan. They inspired me and shared wonderfully fun triplet secrets with me, and there the resemblance ends. Oh, except for the fact that my neighbors are every bit as beautiful as my witches.

I introduce the triplets in THE SCOT, THE WITCH, AND THE WARDROBE. They’re spunky fighters who practically ‘raised each other’ after being abandoned at birth by their mother. They know that being strong is the only way to survive. Like Vickie, in THE SCOT, THE WITCH, AND THE WARDROBE, the triplets are heredity Pictish witches, but unlike Vickie, they’ve always known, and embraced, their heritage, so there’s a great deal of the free spirit in all of them.

The oldest is Harmony. Everyone with whom she comes in contact feels a great sense of peace. Harmony is a psychometric. She gets vibes from objects, about the objects and the people who owned them. She also gets vibes from people and spirits, strongest if she touches the person or object. Harmony hates going into her sister’s vintage clothing and curio shop because she’s bombarded with warring vibes, both positive and negative. Harmony is the shop’s buyer. She’s blunt, bossy, used to having her way, instinctively protective, and a born mediator/peacemaker. Her psychic skill is strongest when divining/involving the past.

Destiny is a true middle child. Since her mother couldn’t name a new baby Panic, she called her Destiny, certain if she hung around to raise a set of twins, panic would be her destiny. Destiny is the best friend, a spunky kid who takes lemons and makes lemonade. She’ll go out of her way to avoid conflict, but she’ll fight hard if pushed too far. Destiny gets premonitions, incomplete flashes that are like looking at a scene through a pinhole. Her psychic skill is strongest when divining/involving the future.

Storm, the “unexpected twin,” caused her mother a storm of emotions that made her “run” before the triplets’ father came to take them home from the hospital. As children, Storm’s sisters teased her about being the straw that broke the camel’s back and scared their mother away. Storm is the bad girl seductress with a nurturer crying to be set free. A rebel with frustration and anger to overcome, she hides behind her Goth trappings. She can be charming when she’s not a brat. She’s tenacious and a natural salesperson, but she’s the most insecure of the three. Storm uses her psychic insight to see and hear events not present to the senses. Storm’s psychic skill is strongest when divining/involving the present.

Harmony, Destiny, and Storm are at their most powerful when using the power of three as one. You’ll meet them in THE SCOT, THE WITCH, AND THE WARDROBE. Look for Harmony’s story, SEX AND THE PSYCHIC WITCH, in August.

Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy THE SCOT, THE WITCH, AND THE WARDROBE, Vickie and Rory’s story, as much as I enjoyed writing it. I really love that sexy son of a Scot in a kilt.

If you have any twin or triplet stories, I’d love to hear them. At any rate, I’m giving away a copy of MY FAVORITE WITCH and will choose a winner after Christmas from among those of you who respond to my blog.

Peace, Joy, happy endings, and long hours of reading pleasure.

Merry, Merry,

Annette
www.annetteblair.com