7.02.2007

Carly Phillips Returns........


Sophisticated, Sexy Fun Contemporary Romance. That’s what I love to read and so that is what I love to write. I consider myself fortunate to be able to write what I love. I’ve always been a huge reader but I didn’t realize there was a romance section of the bookstore when I was younger, so I’d read books and even if I loved a book all the way through, if the end disappointed me, I hated the story. Then one day I discovered that I could read romance and ALWAYS HAVE THE HAPPY ENDING.

What a concept! Writing was an even bigger concept and it took me seven years and ten manuscripts to sell. Somehow I thought selling was the hard part but in the eight years since my first published book and in the 15 years since I’ve been writing, I discovered that the writing itself is STILL hard. Every book presents its own challenges.

CROSS MY HEART and its sequel SEALED WITH A KISS were doubly hard because not only was I writing (a challenge in itself) but I was adding a little more suspense than I usually had in my books. Why? Because both books were originally scheduled to come out in hardcover and I wanted to try something different for my hardcover readers. Now I’m happy to say that both books are being released in paperback – SEALED WITH A KISS for the first time – which my readers have really responded well to. So back to the challenges of adding mystery/suspense.

Just like when I started writing, I learned a lot of lessons along the way, writing these stories and I hope my readers enjoy them. As for me, after these two books, I’m going back to writing lighter, sexier books because after a lot of thought, sophisticated, sexy fun contemporary romance is what I love best. But I hope you’ll like CROSS MY HEART and SEALED WITH A KISS too.

So what kind of romance do you love to read?

For a sneak peek at CROSS MY HEART, visit http://www.carlyphillips.com/ and check out the video trailer and remember to click on the Free Reader Giveaway at the top of the page – and see what I have in store for readers who purchase CROSS MY HEART!




Labels: , , , ,